We are back from our 8 days in D.C. We had a great time and already miss it, but we are also happy to be home.

The first few days we stayed in the city so Danny could go to work on the hill and stay busy with co-workers and such. Jack and I would walk to Starbucks every morning for breakfast and go for a walk around the hotel. During the day Jack and I walked to the National Mall and went to the Museums, ate lunch in the park and watched the people walk by. It was a couple of lonely days for Jack and I without Danny but we had some great adventures together.

In the City!

National Zoo!

When Danny was finished with work we got to start our vacation together. We traveled out of D.C. and moved to a new hotel in our favorite city - Alexandria. I was so happy to go back and see our old apartment and go to our favorite restaurants and to all our old hang out spots.

The Water Front in Old Town.

King Street in Old Town. We met some friends there that night for dinner and walk down the streets.

Our really good friend Stacy gave us a tour of the West Wing at the White House. One of our highlights of the trip.

Our last day we went to the Reading Festival on the Mall. It was packed full of people. We spent most of our time at the PBS Kids tent, where we got to see Elmo and this Character (above). Jack was really scared of him, but he loved Elmo.

Mr. McFeely. "Speedy Delivery"
D.C. was so great we did so many things that I just don't have time to blog about them all. We saw and spent time with our friends which we love and miss. We hope to see them soon.
Great pictures Amanda! I am so glad you were able to go, it looks like it was a fun trip. I love and miss you guys so much! Put up some pics of your new house! Love you!
ReplyDelete