Oct 16, 2009

Jack's Birth Story

8 months pregnant

It has been almost one year since I have given birth to my first baby boy and I have always wanted to write down his birth story for my own journaling purpose. Feel free to read or go ahead and skip.

My due day was October 15th but of course I went over a couple days, I knew I would. In the middle of the night about 1:00am I was woken up by some pain I was having. I really didn't think much of it so I tried to go back to sleep. The pain started to become more frequent, still didn't think much of it, I had no idea I was having contractions. I can be oblivious to things like that. Around 2 am it was painful and they were coming about every five minute. So I finally woke Danny up and told him. We kind of just laid there for a minute not sure what do to. Then we thought we should go to the hospital so we did and luckily the hospital is less then 5 min away because I was in a lot of pain. So we got there, they checked me and I wasn't dilating fast enough so they made me walk around the hospital like a fool for over an hour. I wanted to kill them because it hurt so bad. Finally they checked me in and gave me my epidural, thank heaven. After they set me up and given me all my drugs and broke my water I quickly dilated up to an 8 and was starting to feel my contractions again and they wanted me to start to push. At this point I wanted to die but the baby was still doing fine so that was good. My metabolism is so fast that they had to keep giving me extra drugs to stay numb and surprisingly I could still lift my legs and move around. I pushed for over an hour and Jack came out at 11:23am. He was 7lbs even and a loud screamer. It was a simple birth and somewhat fast, that's the way I like it.

At that moment I couldn't believe he was here and that I actually gave birth. I honestly thought I couldn't do it. But he was here and healthy and beautiful. Danny and I were so happy and are amazed everyday that we have such a beautiful, funny, smart little boy.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda! You are so cute! I am so proud of you and what a wonderful mother you are. I love you! Anje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'd never heard the story before! You are such a good mommy! I hope I can be just like you :) I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete